We, at AHS, believe that:
1. A safe and healthy environment promotes student learning.
2. Faith, knowledge and good deeds are the key to our children's success.
3. The Jafari Isna Ashari school of thought is the basis for our beliefs and practices.
4. Cultural diversity increase students' understanding of different peoples and cultures.
5. Islamic environment helps students prepare for future challenges by developing their spiritual compass.
6. Every student is unique in physical, spiritual, social, intellectual, and emotional needs and attributes.
7. Students learn to make appropriate decisions given a balanced supportive and challenging environment.
8. Staff, parents, and the community are role models and share the responsibility for advancing the AHS mission.
9. Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
10. Students' learning is the chief priority and includes understanding of knowledge as well as developing critical thinking and problem solving skills.
11. The commitment to continuous improvement enables students to become confident lifelong learners.
12. The inclusion of Islamic principles in the curriculum with an emphasis on ideology and morality is necessary to instill proper values and behavior in students, and prepare them to be a Momin (practicing and believing Muslim)
13. A structured environment allows for a uniform effort in discipline and instilling Islamic values into the lives of students and establishing a harmonious learning environment.
C O R E V A L U E S